For the dressing:
For the salad
- 100 g walnut halves, roughly broken
- 250 g ready cooked spelt, cooled
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- large bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves very roughly chopped
- 200 g soft goats’ cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3-4 medium cooked beetroot, not in vinegar, quartered
1. For the dressing: Mix the mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl. Add the honey and stir well. Gradually add the olive oil, stirring vigorously until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. For the salad: Toast the walnuts lightly in a frying pan over a low heat, turning often. Put the spelt in a bowl and stir in half the dressing. Add the onion and parsley and season with ground black pepper. Divide between four plates and top with the goats’ cheese and beetroot.
3. Drizzle with a little more dressing and scatter the warm walnuts over. Serve.
Take a look at lots more of our salad recipes.