Apple Carrot Cupcake
Apple Carrot Cupcake Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil (light olive oil, canola oil, grapeseed oil)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely grated carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely grated tart apples, such as Granny Smith (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 5 ounce fresh, mild chèvre (goat cheese), at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups powdered sugar
1 Preheat oven to 350° and place rack in the center of the oven.
2 In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, cocoa, pepper, and salt. Whisk to combine, then stir in oil and eggs. Stir in carrots, apples, and pecans.
3 Set aluminum or paper cupcake holders in muffin tins. Spoon the batter into the cupcake paper cups, three-quarters of the way to the top. Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
4 Beat goat cheese, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
Once cupcakes are cool, apply frosting.